Monday, May 7, 2012

Daydreaming about...spring and summer dresses

I wore a lot of dresses when I was a little girl. I was very much a girly-girl and loved to dress the part. As I got older, I got away from dresses, and as I gained weight, dresses just looked wrong on me. In the last 15 years, I've owned two dresses - my grade eight graduation dress, and my prom dress - and rented a custom fit dress for my brother's wedding.

I've always daydreamed about pretty spring and summer dresses. The reason I daydream about them instead of owning them is because they make my already big tummy look even bigger (I look pregnant, seriously), and my J.Lo booty look twice its size. *sigh* My weight has always been an issue and a struggle. For the last two years especially I've yo-yo'd like crazy, losing and gaining, losing and gaining. I'm back at it again, eating healthy and working out every day, and I can already see changes in my body, but I have a long way to go. My goal is to buy a dress this summer and look and feel good in it...but that probably won't be for another couple months.

One of my closest childhood friends is getting married in a little less than six weeks. Her mother's throwing her a bridal shower in three weeks, and it got me thinking about what to wear. I don't think it's going to be a fancy party, so I'm not really concerned with dressing up, but while I was looking for bridal shower gift ideas on Pinterst, I came across several dresses I wish I could wear. I'm going to buying a new outfit for the wedding itself - maybe a dress? More likely a skirt and nice top, but we'll see.

In my perfect little daydream world where I'm much smaller and can afford any dress I'd like, these would be some of my choices:

I'm normally not much for lace, but I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it. It's classic, elegant, I love the cap sleeves and the little belt, and the colour.
Source: bit.ly via Marie on Pinterest

Simple but beautiful, and I particularly love the skirt. I can imagine twirling around the way I did when I was a little girl!

I love this one for the same reasons I love the first one. It's classic and elegant, with kind of a vintage feel to it.
Source: maurces.com via Marie on Pinterest

Cute, flirty, fun. Again, love the fuller skirt.

I even love the name of this dress: mint milkshake. How cute is that? I just think it's so girly and sweet with the detailing and flower at the waist, and the gorgeous eyelet design along the skirt.

What do you think of these dresses? Do you wear dresses, or are you like me where you wish you could wear dresses? Or maybe you're the type of girl who wouldn't be caught dead in a dress? I want to know!

 



No comments: