Friday, June 14, 2013

Maddison

This post is a little over a week overdue, but better late than never right?

If you've been following along, you'll know that my brother and sister-in-law were expecting their third child, and that it was a long-awaited girl. Well, last Thursday, June 6th, at 4:43 am, Maddison Grace was born, weighing 9 pounds 12 1/4 ounces.

We got to see her when she was just 9 hours old. Apparently the umbilical chord was wrapped around her neck four times when she was born, so she had some trouble breathing at first, and her blood sugar was low (which is apparently common in ginormous babies). She was in an oxygen-regulated bassinet in the nursery until shortly after my mum and I got there for a visit. 

It was love at first sight the moment I saw her crazy-ass hair and her fat little arms and cheeks. 


The pediatrician came to check her out and then we were allowed to take her back to Amanda's room. 
 




Amanda fed her and then I got to hold her while Amanda went to shower. It felt like such a special time because her eyes were open part of the time and she was staring at me. Auntie loved her bonding time!


My brother left to go get something to eat and awhile later Amanda's parents came with the boys. They were so excited to see their new baby sister. Logan held her with help from Amanda and then Noah sat and held her for awhile. It was so sweet. Noah said really quietly to her, "Hi Maddison Grace I****, I'm your big brother." My heart melted!



So, that's it. I finally have a niece! I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more about Maddy in the weeks and months to come. ;-) 







 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is just completely and totally adorable, Marie. So precious. I bet you are loving every single minute you get to spend with her. :)

Molli | Once Upon a Prologue