Monday, May 21, 2012

Motivate Me Monday #1

Motivate Me Monday is hosted by Amanda at For Love of a Cupcake.


This is my first time participating in Motivate Me Monday. I found Amanda's blog a couple weeks ago and would have posted last week, except I'd already signed up for the First Loves Blogfest for last Monday. 

Yesterday, in preparation for my first MMM, I created a page talking about my weight loss journey. I'm always looking for motivation and inspiration, and along the way I'd love to be able to inspire some people, too. Like many others, my journey hasn't been an easy one, and I have a long way to go, but it's always nice to know you're not alone.

From now on, every Monday I'll do a progress report along with the things that are keeping me motivated. For now, here are some of the things motivating me this week:




I personally don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy. Skinny doesn't do anything for me - I'd much rather look like Marilyn Monroe than be a bag of bones. She had a gorgeous body in my opinion.






Before I started my journey, if you'd told me I would come to love exercise, I would have said you needed your head read. I do love it, though, and I love knowing what it's doing for my body - even when I don't necessarily see the results I want, I know I'm getting healthier and stronger.





What's motivating you this week?
 

No comments: