Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Photo a Day June Recap

I had a blast doing FatMumSlim's Photo a Day Challenge for June. I'd been wanting to do a photo challenge for a long time, and this one was perfect. As much as I'd hoped to get a new camera this spring, it just didn't happen, and I'm trying to content myself with my current camera until I can afford a new one and not feel guilty about it. 

Doing this challenge really made me open up my eyes to my surroundings and notice things I might not have noticed before, and also really look at things. I like that feeling of being mindful, and it's also been a great creative outlet - not only in the photography itself, but also in the 'doctoring' of the pictures. I'm carrying on with the challenge in July, and you can see June and July's photos in the Photo a Day tab at the top of the blog.

Here are my June pictures:


Photo-a-Day-June-1-Morning   Photo-a-Day-June-2-Empty Photo-a-Day-June-3-On-Your-Plate  Photo-a-Day-June-4-Close-Up

Photo-a-Day-June-5-Sign   Photo-a-Day-June-6-Hat  Photo-a-Day-June-7-Drink Photo-a-Day-June-8-Six-Oclock

Photo-a-Day-June-9-Your-View-Today  Photo-a-Day-June-10-Weekend  Photo-a-Day-June-11-Door

Photobucket  Photo-a-Day-June-13-Art Photo-a-Day-June-14-Time
Photo-a-Day-June-15-Yellow  Photo-a-Day-June-16-Out-and-About  Photo-a-Day-June-17-In-Your-Bag

Photo-a-Day-June-18-Something-We-Dont-Know-About-YouPhoto-a-Day-June-19-ImperfectPhoto-a-Day-June-20-Fave-Pic-Ever
Photo-a-Day-June-21-Where-You-SleptPhoto-a-Day-June-22-From-a-High-AnglePhoto-a-Day-June-23-Movement
Photo-a-Day-June-24-On-Your-MindPhoto-a-Day-June-25-Something-CutePhoto-a-Day-June-26-Where-You-Shop

Photo-a-Day-June-27-BathroomPhoto-a-Day-June-28-On-the-ShelfPhoto-a-Day-June-29-Soft
Photo-a-Day-June-30-Friend

If you participate in Photo a Day be sure to let me know so I can check out your pics. I've already inspired two friends to join the challenge, and I'd love to see more people I know doing it! I update my pics here on the blog, and I post them daily on Twitter and Facebook, too.

2 comments:

Jessica L. Tate said...

I love these photo a day memes! I would so love to do it myself, I just know I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. I'd start freaking out if I forgot to do one, lol. I'm considering writing down all the daily prompts and doing a bunch of them just for fun over the next month. :)

SweetMarie83 said...

That's a great idea, Jess! Just do them as you see them/feel like it/have time. Some of them are prompts I never would have thought of myself, so it was a lot of fun to survey my surroundings and find them.