Monday, June 4, 2012

Motivate Me Monday #3

Motivate Me Monday is hosted by Amanda at For Love of a Cupcake.

Weekly stats from Monday May 28th - Sunday June 3rd
Fitness minutes: 363
Miles walked: 25

This week was full of highs and lows fitness and weight loss wise. My workouts were decent, but my eating sucked a lot of the time. It could have been a lot worse, but there were quite a few times where I either ate too much, or ate stuff I shouldn't have. But...there's nothing I can do about it now, and I refuse to feel guilty and punish myself, so I just have to keep on keepin' on. This week will be better. I bought a ton of fruits and veggies on Saturday, and I'm already planning out my meals and snacks.

A few sources of motivation this week: on Wednesday, I went shopping with my friend Jenn. She was looking for clothes for this past weekend for more pre-wedding fun. Jenn's always been very thin, and shopping with her always makes me feel kind of bad about myself. The stores she shops in don't carry anything even close to my size, and even though I had a few wistful moments looking at clothes I wish I could wear, I didn't feel as bad as I normally do, because I decided to turn it into motivation. 

*I will fit into those kinds of clothes by next summer.
*I will be able to shop at any store in the mall and find a size that fits. 
*I won't always have to shop in the plus size section or avoid certain kinds of clothes because they make me look fat. 
*Someday Jenn will be the one sitting outside the dressing room while I try stuff on, and giving her opinion on how things look on me
*Someday I'll get to walk out of the mall carrying bags full of clothes and get to have a Carrie Bradshaw/Sex in the City moment. 


If I keep working as hard as I have been, it's all only a matter of time. Last week's setbacks? Already forgotten...moving on!
What's motivating you this week?

 

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Hey Marie,
Just thought I'd drop by and get some motivation. Its been 5 days since my 29th birthday and I've finally had enough. I AM GOING TO GET HEALTHY AND LOSE WEIGHT. I wanted to thank you for the motivation and encouragement. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
Cookie