Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivate Me Monday #2

Motivate Me Monday is hosted by Amanda at For Love of a Cupcake.

Weekly stats from Monday May 21st - Sunday May 27th
Weekly weigh in - lost 2 pounds!
Fitness minutes: 360
Miles walked: 31.5
*Note: I didn't work out Friday (I was out half the day and felt sick the rest of the day), Saturday (I was at a bridal shower and bachelorette party from 2pm-2am), or Sunday (miraculously wasn't hungover - not sure how that happened after 12 hours of drinking - but I was tired and sore from Saturday). I only mention this because I usually work out 6-7 days a week, and this week it was only 4 days.*

I spent most of Friday morning going through Amanda’s (my sister-in-law) closet for an outfit for my friend Jenn’s bridal shower. Amanda just got a bunch of new clothes, and had several pants in a size smaller than I’d been wearing…and they fit! I was so excited! It’s been a long time coming. In the two years I’ve been yo-yoing I haven’t been able to make it to a smaller pant size than this one, so that’s my next big goal - I think another 10-15 pounds should do it. I ended up wearing a pair of my own pants to the shower (which hadn’t fit me in about a year, and which I later realized were actually kind of baggy on me), and a pretty purple shirt of Amanda’s. I felt comfortable and I felt good…not self-conscious like I usually am. And when we were at the bar, I saw a few cute boys looking at me…something I’m not used to! I felt confident for the first time in a long time, and it was nice. Scratch that, it was amazing. I'd forgotten how empowering it feels, because it's happened so infrequently in my life. I’m going to hold onto that feeling when I have the urge to eat everything in sight or not work out as hard as I know I could. 


Me!

I tried to be really good all week with my eating and exercise, knowing that Saturday I'd probably be eating a lot of junk, and drinking. I was pleased with how well I did, so I didn't feel guilty on Saturday when I drank for 12 hours straight (I'm not even going to imagine the calories I consumed in alcohol...it would be scary), ate all the amazing food at the shower, then pigged out on garlic bread and nachos before we hit the bar. I kept these things in mind: a) everyone's allowed a little binge once in awhile, b) I never get to go out, so I was determined to enjoy every second, c) I've been busting my butt with workouts, smaller portions, less sugar, and everything, d) it's not every day that one of your childhood best friends gets married and has a bachelorette, and e)....well, see below:





I haven't gone dancing since Amanda's bachelorette five and a half years ago, and before that it was my college days (which is almost eight years ago). I couldn't wait to get on the dance floor, and I know I burned off at least some of the gazillion calories I consumed throughout the day.

What's motivating you this week?
 


 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay for busting your butt!! You deserve a little slack every now and then. Keep uk the great work girl! Xoxo