Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Smiles #1



Saturday Smile is a new weekly feature I’ll be doing where I talk about moments during the week that made me smile for one reason or another.


I went to the doctor this week and he told me he thinks my back should heal 100%. I’ve been noticing a difference every day - less pain and less of a limp!

I got to see both my nephews (Noah, 10 and Logan, 3) twice this week. It’s rare that I see them both that close together since Noah’s usually in school but this week was March Break.

Noah said to me “You used to give better hugs before you hurt your back” and it struck me so funny for some reason.

I felt my niece kick for the first time this week! When my sister-in-law, Amanda, was pregnant with the boys, they hardly ever kicked for me and so far Baby G’s been the same way, but I finally felt her kick on Tuesday.

Amanda brought St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes for lunch on Friday. They were so good! Incidentally, so was lunch. ;-)


I’d been sleeping really poorly the last few weeks (it was hard to get comfortable, I had a lot on my mind, and I was wondering if the meds I’m on had something to do with it), but the last few nights I’ve finally slept well. My schedule’s been all out of whack (this is when I’m thankful I work from home!), but I’m slowly getting back into a regular routine.

I had a dream one night this week that I was making out with Orlando Bloom (a la Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean - YUM) and then he asked me to marry him. Why can’t I have dreams like that more often?? Nono, wait...why can't I have REALITY like that? *sigh*

I’m used to getting a ton of mail but in the last six weeks I’ve hardly had any. Last week I won a signed copy of The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook from Christy at Love of Books and it came this week - so excited! I read one of Eileen's other books, Unraveling Isobel last year and loved it, so I’m looking forward to reading this one.


Speaking of reading, I’m currently reading The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. I hadn’t heard of it until around Christmastime when I noticed the ebook was on sale for 99 cents. I debated buying it but it’s 500+ pages and I figured I’d rather have it in physical form and my library had a copy so I decided to wait. Then Simon & Schuster Canada sent me an ARC of The Firebird, the companion to The Winter Sea, so I bumped it up on my tbr. My mum got to it first and loved it, and I’m really enjoying it so far. It’s a mixture of contemporary and historic fiction, and it’s set in Scotland. There are a few characters who speak the Doric dialect and it makes me giggle whenever they talk because it sounds (looks?) so funny.

What made you smile this week?


    


5 comments:

Jessica L. Tate said...

Dreams like that more often? Oh, I hear ya! I haven't had a Nathan Fillion OR Ed Westwick dream in a LONG time. It's actually quite annoying. Lol. ;)

Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) said...

YUM! Those cupcakes look delicious! And that's great news from your doctor!

Ha ha ... LOVE your Orlando Bloom dream. :)

Very cool to win a signed copy of The Almost Truth! I really want to read that one ... as well as Unraveling Isobel!

I had a few moments that made me smile this week ... having a little boy talk to me about my piano was fun, as was wishing a local library a happy birthday!

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

What made me smile was finding out my nephew is playing football tomorrow and is captain. He isn't usually captain but since the captain has broke their arm and my nephew played so well last week, even getting man of the match, they promoted him to captain for tomorrow.

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.